See yourself providing an incredibly important service to the Hugo/Centerville community as the Shift Lead during our client shopping shifts of the Hugo Good Neighbors Food Shelf. The Shift Lead is integral in ensuring smooth management of the daily client shopping shifts at the food shelf. The schedule is 3-7:30pm on Mondays & Thursdays or 11-3:30pm on Tuesdays. The Shift Lead helps the Operations Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator ensure that our client shopping shifts run smoothly and that the food shelf is in order, including: shopping shift preparation, managing shift volunteers and ensuring excellent client service, and ensuring ongoing compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure excellent client service through the preparation and clients shopping shift
- Preparation for the client service shift and direction to the shift volunteers
- Address client/volunteer concerns, escalate to the Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure all data and information for the shift has been entered into the computer system.
- Email the Operations Coordinator & Volunteer Coordinator with a brief recap of the shift.
- Ensure volunteers are fully trained and aware of their role during the client shopping shift
- Ensure all volunteers are clocked in and out for their shifts
- Direct the volunteers in preparing for the clients and shopping shift and cleaning up at the end of shift.
- Assist in ensuring food operations are in compliance with regulatory agencies, including but not limited to: Second Harvest, TEFAP, FDA, etc.
- Be an advocate for the food shelf in all interactions, including with clients, volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders
- Non-profit volunteer experience, and/or customer service experience
- Ability to manage volunteers
- Ability to work “Pantry Saver System” and computer familiarity.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Moving around in a non-profit environment. Some lifting of twenty to fifty pounds is required. Attendance at the Food Shelf for preparation and client shopping shift. Required to be at least two shifts of operating hours per month (Operating Hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 3:00pm-7:30pm).
$15 per hour